1. AGE GROUP CHART: Under 19 Aug 1, 1994 or younger Under 18 AUG 1, 1994 - JULY 31, 1995 Under 17 AUG 1. 1995 - JULY 31, 1996 Under 16 AUG 1, 1996 - JULY 31, 1997 Under 15 AUG 1, 1997 - JULY 31, 1998 Under 14 AUG 1, 1998 - JULY 31, 1999 Under 13 AUG 1, 1999 - JULY 31, 2000 Under 12 AUG 1, 2000 - JULY 31, 2001 Under 11 AUG 1, 2001 - JULY 31, 2002 Under 10 AUG 1, 2002 - JULY 31, 2003 Under 09 AUG 1, 2003 or after
2. ROSTERS: An official state roster (Fall 2012) must be on file with tournament headquarters prior to competition. Players can only play on one team in the tournament. The roster sizes per age group are: U9 and U10 (11 players maximum) U11 and U12 (14 players maximum) U13 - U15 (18 players maximum) U16 - U19 *(22 Players rostered) *Teams U-16 through U-19 may have 22 players registered for the E3 Challenge Cup, however teams may only dress 18 of the 22 players registered for any one game. A maximum of 3 guest players is permitted in all age groups.
3. LENGTH OF GAME: U9 and U10: 2 x 25 minute halves U11 and U12: 2 x 25 minutes halves U13 and above: 2 x 30 minute halves 4. FIFA RULES APPLY, UNLESS LISTED DIFFERENTLY IN TOURNAMENT RULES.
5. SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions may be made with referee’s approval only. Substitution requests may be given at these times: A. Before a goal kick B. Before a throw-in for your own team or the non-throw in team if the team taking the throw-in is substituting. C. After a goal D. At halftime E. After an injury (one for one) F. After a yellow card has been issued (one for one)
6. Both teams will have their bench on the same side. Spectators will be on the opposite side. The half way line will divide the teams and the spectators. Coaches are responsible for the spectators’ behavior. Dissent will not be tolerated. Only registered team officials (with a current risk management card) will be allowed on the side with the players. Risk Management cards must be worn around the neck at all times during the tournament games.
7. Individual awards will be given 1st and 2nd place for U 13 and above teams. Under 9 through Under 12 divisions will receive participation awards. U12 division champions will receive a team trophy for 1st and 2nd place.
8. Under 9 through Under 12 will use a size 4 ball. Under 13 and above will use a size 5 ball.
9. DIVISION STANDINGS: Win = 6 pts. Tie = 3 pt. Loss = 0 pt. ; 1 point per goal up to 4.
10. TIE BREAKER 1. Head to Head (skip if more than two teams are tied) 2. Net score- Goals scored less goals allowed (max. 4 per game) 3. Least goals against 4. Most goals scored (max. 4 per game) 5. Penalty kicks. 5 per team, alternating. If tied after 5 each, 1 per team will be selected until the tie is broken. (The penalty kicks must be taken by players that are on the field at the end of regulation).
11. A team that fails to field 7 players (5 for Under 10 and below) 5 minutes after the scheduled kick off, will forfeit. The score will be 4-0.
Any use of illegal players will result in a forfeiture of the game and may include termination of participation for the rest of the tournament.
12. 6v6 Provision: Offsides will NOT be called. On passback to keeper, keeper may play ball with their hands. When ball is out of sideline, play will be restarted with a throw in. Keepers cannot distribute the ball over mid-field line. Violation will result in a free kick at midfield for the opposing team.
13. TIES DURING CHAMPIONSHIP OR PLAYOFF GAMES are settled by penalty kicks, rule #10, 5 will apply. No overtime periods.
14. REFEREES DECISIONS ARE FINAL , NO PROTESTS - NO APPEALS.
15. INCLEMENT WEATHER: The Referees, Field Coordinators, and/or the Tournament Director have the right to stop games due to weather.
Games interrupted in the first half: a. will continue if time permits b. If time does not permit, a 0-0 tie will be awarded.
Games interrupted after the completion of the first half: 1. will continue if time permits 2. If time does not permit, the score of the game will stand.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OR CONDITIONS BEYOND CONTROL, THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REFUNDS.
16. EJECTIONS: Any player, coach, assistant coach or manager receiving a red card will not be permitted to participate in the Remainder of the game and the following game. Suspension from additional games will be contingent upon a review of the violation after receipt of the referee report. A 2nd red card results in suspension from the remainder of the tournament. Any MSYSA registered player, coach, assistant coach or team manager who has received a red card during the tournament and did not sit out the related number of game(s) during the tournament must sit out the required number of game(s) starting with his/her next league game.
17. Armada City Rules must be followed. Violators will be asked to leave the tournament venue.
18. RISK MANAGEMENT: Risk Management policies can be found at the MSYSA website (www.michiganyouthsoccer.org), PROGRAMS, RISK MANAGEMENT. All registering teams will be required to present risk management cards for coaches, assistant coaches and team managers at check in. Risk management cards must be worn around the neck at all times during the tournament games by team officials.
19. MEDICAL RELEASE FORMS: Each team must present a notarized medical release form for each player rostered, including guest players, at registration.
20. TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS: Tournament headquarters will be at the Creek Center Banquet & Sports Center 72025 North Avenue Armada, MI 48005 (North of 33 Mile Road, on the West side of North Avenue)
21. REGISTRATION: Registration for all age groups will be held on Friday, August 17, 2012 at the Creek Center Banquet & Sports Center From 4:00 pm -8:00 pm 72025 North Avenue Armada, MI 48005 (North of 33 Mile Road, on the West side of North Avenue)
22. ELIGIBILITY: All state associations and US Club Soccer teams are eligible to participate in the E3 Challenge Cup Soccer Tournament.
23. HOME TEAM: The home team is the first team listed on the schedule. Home Team will wear light colored jerseys - Visiting Team will wear dark colored jerseys.
24. GAME BALLS: Game balls are provided by the tournament and must be used during all tournament games.
25. DISPUTES: Any disagreement which cannot be resolved by the listed rules will be settled by the Tournament Director and / or the Field Coordinator. All decisions are FINAL.